How do I prepare?
FOR PROCEDURES DONE IN THE OFFICE
- Dress comfortably. Long hair should be worn up.
- If you are diabetic, possibly pregnant, or on any kind of blood thinner please notify a medical staff member prior to your procedure date.
- Blood thinners must be stopped several days prior to the procedure with the permission of the prescribing physician.
- Our office staff will give you an arrival time. This arrival time allows time for paperwork and check in to process your chart. Please do not arrive any earlier as this will only increase your wait time.
FOR PROCEDURES DONE AT A SURGICAL CENTER OR HOSPITAL
All of the above plus the following:
- Take nothing by mouth six hours prior to the procedure. This includes coffee, water, mints, gum, etc. . . If you have medicines that must be taken (example: blood pressure pills) please only take it with a very small sip of water.
- You must have a driver who will stay with you at the facility during the entire visit. Plan to stay 2-3 hours total.